It sounds like the dating methods for dinosaurs fossils keep changing.
So Thursday, at the National Prayer Breakfast, President Obama said, and I applauded him saying, things like, "freedom of religion matters to our national security” and that countries that “hold up the rights of their people” are usually more successful; those that do not, he said, breed anger and violence. Then his Department of Justice (The irony of that title is not lost on this writer) issued a fiat yesterday declaring the federal government will trump the rights of states who have protected traditional marriage with a speech claiming, "Today, our nation moves closer toward its ideals of equality and fairness for all."
Well, all except those whose freedom of religion says homosexuality is sin and marriage shouldn't be redefined.
See, I (and most people, I think) missed a little jab Obama made in his speech Thursday. While we were rejoicing that the President called for Pastor Saeed and Kenneth Bae's releases, he also said this - 'We sometimes see religion twisted … hatred [is waged] against people because of who they are, or how they pray, or WHO THEY LOVE,' he said. '[Extremists] don’t understand the faiths they claim to profess.'. Congratulations, my Christian friends - The President of the United States called us all extremist religion-twisters who don't understand the faith we profess. While at the same time claiming he himself is a Christian. But Obama's not one of THEM! HE'S the one who DOES understand Christianity. That's why he doesn't hate gay people. You Christians who oppose me on Defense of Marriage (not to mention ObamaCare or anything else on religious grounds) are no different than the intolerant, hateful regimes you claim to oppose in fighting for religious freedom. Don't you see, our President asks? You're all a bunch of hypocrites! I know much better than you how to be a Christian. You're all a bunch of fools. And I'm going to make fun of you right to your face...and 72 hours later show you what it REALLY means to be a loving, tolerant Christian.
Eric Metaxas is right - religious liberty is the next big civil rights issue. And our dear leader has clearly drawn sides, mocking us to our faces. And we didn't even see it coming.
Watch this short video debunking Bill Nye's FALSES Claims.
What caught our attention more than anything else was Bill Nye’s list of challenges for his opponent. He went through a long list of arguments that supposedly pose problems for creationists. However, if Nye had been more acquainted with creationist literature, he would have known that we have long had explanations for each of these. http://creation.com/ham-nye-debate
How can you fit all of the Species on the ARK?
Tonight we watched two very knowledgeable men go toe to toe with what they believe to be true. The difference is that Ken Ham was able to demonstrate the solid foundation of his worldview, the Biblical worldview. Bill Nye was unable to do that and in his talking points, proved Ken right many times. Bill's foundation is based on man's opinion. Ken consistently showed how the creation model gave successful predictions. Bill consistently ignored that and kept asking for predictions! If there was anything Bill was consistent at, it was dodging and ignoring Ken's points and using logical fallacies. Ken asked Bill for the foundation for logic and reason. Bill never gave an answer. Bill said "he didn't know" to some very important questions. And of course, Ken showed in God's Word where the answer was. Ken from the start, gave the difference between observational and historical science. He showed that creationists embrace science and even invent new things. Later, Bill flip flopped and went back to bashing creationists, claiming we shouldn't be using phones, airplanes etc., when Ken had already addressed this by explaining we embrace science. Science that is observable. Operational science .Ken showed that we have the same evidence and view the evidence based on a worldview, and Bill didn't get it and tried to attack again with evidence. Bill ignored Ken on this point as well. Ken Ham won this debate hands down and did a great job. I am very proud and thankful for this man of God. If you missed it, go to debatelive.org and view debate there.
Everyone is talking about liking or not liking Macklemore and the "same love" part of the Grammys. No one is even bringing up the fact that he bad mouthed the Christian church and disrespecting Jesus and was spreading false hate against Christianity. Talk about brainwashing society against the religion our country was founded on
I have many friends who are gay. I love them just like my other friends too. I just don't support there lifestyle. Likewise, I have friends who have drinking problems too. I love them, but I don't support there lifestyle of being alcoholics either. We all have issues with different sins because we are all human, and we need to help each other out in love. Jesus called us to love and help one another. There were some very concerning statements about the church in that song, and Macklemore has said some very false things about the church at other times other than just in the lyrics to the song. It was just very alarming,
Because children of all ages are drawn to television and internet video, His Nature TV Ministries is focused on creating programs for both satellite and television broadcast that will:
◦ Occupy the places 8-14 year-olds live and play. By placing our programs on Christian networks who are already on Dish Network, Direct TV, and major cable and over the air broadcasts, our programs will be viewable world-wide. A missionary presence!
• Connect with children due to a compelling program format. Tech Tracker episodes intentionally look like contemporary programs on the History Channel, NOVA, or Discovery Channel. (Not your typical “Christian” children’s programs.)
• We are committed to the highest standards of excellence. Each program is shot and edited in a wide screen, high definition broadcast TV format. Most television programs, Christian and secular, are not produced in high definition yet. We are ahead of the technology curve, so our programs will be more desirable to broadcast networks.
• A major component of our program format is the state-of-the-art 3D computer generated Virtual set implementing green screen technologies widely used in Hollywood films. This allows us to have a visually stunning look, yet be able to change that look to remain contemporary.
◦ Convince young minds of the Bible’s accuracy, truth, and superiority. Each program is designed to investigate and discover the truth about a particular theological, historical, natural, scientific or otherwise relevant topic — including key areas of attack or deception about the Bible found in today’s culture.
• We identify the specific concepts and influence that damage faith in Jesus Christ and the Bible and counter them through engaging apologetic programs.
Tech Trackers by His Nature TV will be a compelling, fast-paced, fact-filled TV program. It will bring eye-opening truth and engaging, world-class experts to a child’s TV or computer screen — affirming the Bible’s truth and refuting falsehoods. http://www.techtrackers.co/media/
Remove Christians from public life? http://j.mp/1mE2DCU Well, isn't that what people are saying, "Keep your religion private!" RESULT?